I just installed RealPlayer, but it gives me a gemc3201.dll error and won't open. What can I do?
After you install RealPlayer, it may immediately crash upon opening and display the error message, RealPlayer has encountered a problem and needs to close.
The error message will reveal that the affected application is RealPlayer.exe, and the technical detail information will show that the crashing module is gemc3201.dll.
To resolve this issue, remove the gemc3201.dll file:
1. Click the Windows Start button, select Search (or Find), and then select For Files and Folders.
2. In the name/search field, type gemc3201.dll.
3. Click Search Now.
4. Let the search finish, then locate gemc3201.dll. On a 32-bit operating system (most computers). this will be located in the folder C:\program files\real\realplayer\rca plugins. On a 64-bit system, this will be located in the folder C:\program files(x86)\real\realplayer\rca plugins.
5. Right-click gemc3201.dll and select Delete.
5. When asked if you want to delete the file, click Yes.
6. Close the search window, restart your computer, and open RealPlayer again