Why do I receive the error message "Required .DLL file, PNCRT.DLL, was not found" when I start RealPlayer?
If you receive the error "Required .DLL file, PNCRT.DLL, was not found" when you start RealPlayer, it means that the PNCRT.DLL file is not working properly. To avoid this error, you will need to uninstall and then reinstall RealPlayer following the instructions given below. Reinstalling RealPlayer replaces the PNCRT.DLL file with a new one, and you should stop receiving the error.
Step 1: Uninstall RealPlayer.
To perform a standard uninstall, choose one of the following from the Windows taskbar:
- Click Start > Programs > Real > RealPlayer > Uninstall RealPlayer.
- Click Start > Settings > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs > RealPlayer > Change\Remove.
If you receive a message indicating the uninstall was not successful, manually delete the following RealPlayer folders and files:
1. Navigate to the C:\Program Files folder, and delete the Real folder.
2. From the C:\Program Files\Common Files folder, delete the Real folder.
3. Delete any of the following files that you find in the C:\Windows\System32 folder:
Note: Not all users will have all these files.
4. If you have Netscape installed, delete the Nppl3260.dll file from the C:\Program Files\Netscape\Communicator\Program\Plugins folder.
Step 2: Reinstall RealPlayer.
Visit uk.real.com to redownload RealPlayer. If you have purchased RealPlayer Plus, download the free version and then sign in to activate your Plus features.