How does Download This Video work on a Macintosh?
If you're using Safari or Firefox for Macintosh, you can download videos with RealPlayer SP by following these steps. (RealTimes for Mac does not currently have a Download This Video option.)
1. Open RealPlayer (and sign in if you have RealPlayer Plus).
2. Open the RealPlayer Downloader in one of these ways:
- Click the downloader icon on the RealPlayer itself, next to the globe
- RealPlayer->Preferences->Window->Open RealPlayer Downloader
3. Open your browser (Firefox or Safari) and go to the video site.
4. Right-click on the video.
5. Click on the Downloader icon on the Dashboard.
6. Click Download.
7. Click Play.
The video download location can be changed by going to:
RealPlayer Downloader->Preferences->Download files to
If the downloader does not show up, check to ensure the browser plugins are installed:
Firefox: Firefox->Tools->Add-Ons->RealPlayer Plugin.plugin (enable)
Safari: Safari->Help->Installed Plugins->RealPlayer Plugin.plugin
After verifying the RealPlayer Plugin.plugin is installed, go into the Safari preferences to ensure Plug-ins are enabled through the browser itself.
1. Open Safari.
2. Click the Safari tab in the top left-hand corner of the browser.
3. Select Preferences.
4. Click on the Security icon.
5. Under Web Content, make sure the "Enable plug-ins box" is checked.
Note: Download websites do occasionally change their formats. To determine if the problem is with RealPlayer or with a particular website, try downloading videos from a different website. To open a test video in a new page, click here.