I can't see the Download This Video button in Firefox, Edge, or Chrome. How can I download videos?
Instead of a "Download This Video" button appearing just above the video you're watching, in Firefox, Edge, and Chrome, the downloader appears as a small drop-down button at the top of the browser whenever there is a downloadable video on the page you are viewing; depending on your version of RealPlayer this button will be either a solid blue, or will show a thumbnail of the video with an orange stripe above it:
Just hover your mouse over the top center of your browser window, then click the button that appears and follow the instructions. To see a quick demo of how this works, take a minute to watch this video:
If you're using the latest version of RealTimes and a 32-bit browser, but you do not see the download drop-down button, restart the downloader process:
1. On a 64-bit OS, open Windows Explorer and go to C:\Program Files (x86)\RealNetworks\RealDownloader
On a 32-bit OS, open Windows Explorer and go to C:\Program Files\RealNetworks\RealDownloader
2. Double-click on downloader2.exe
3. Restart your computer. The download drop-down button should now appear at the top of your browser.
Notes for Windows 8 users:
- "Download This Video" works when browsing in Desktop Mode only, not Metro Mode.
- If there is more than one user account on the PC that uses Download This Video, be sure to log out of the first user's account before logging into the second user's. If you "Switch user" instead of logging out, the Download This Video drop-down button will not appear for the second user.