What formats can I use to record tracks from a CD using RealPlayer?
RealPlayer offers a range of file formats for saving CD tracks (also known as recording tracks or ripping) to your Library. RealPlayer also offers quality levels (bit-rates) up to 96Kbps for free users and 320Kbps for Plus customers (including customers who subscribe to RealTimes Premium or Unlimited).
RealPlayer offers the following file formats for recording tracks:
- RealAudio Lossless
- MP3 Audio
- AAC Audio
- Wave Audio
- Windows Media (if you have downloaded the WMA plug-in)
To change the format in which RealPlayer records tracks:
1. Open RealPlayer.
2. Click the RealPlayer logo in the upper left corner and select Preferences. The Preferences box opens.
3. In the Category pane, click CD.
4. From the options available under When Saving a CD to Library, select the desired format and quality.
5. Click OK to save your changes.
RealPlayer will now record in the selected format and quality.