To resolve this issue, make sure the RealPlayer folders and files are deleted from your computer by following the steps below:
- Go to My Computer.
- Go to C:\ or Local Disk (C:).
- Go to the Program Files folder.
- Go to the Real folder.
- If you have a 32-bit operating system, delete the RealPlayer folder: c:\program files\real\RealPlayer If you have a 64-bit operating system, delete the RealPlayer folder: c:\program files x 86\real\RealPlayer
- Go back to the Program Files folder.
- Go to the Common Files folder.
- For RealPlayer 16 or older versions: Delete the Real folder c:\program files\common files\real\ (or c:\program files x86\common files\real\ if you have a 64-bit OS).
If you are not able to delete folders because "a folder or file in it is open in another program," follow these steps:
- Open Task Manager (right-click anywhere in the bottom bar of your screen, and select Start Task Manager) and select the Processes tab.
- End any of the following processes that are still visible.
- downloader2.exe *32
- realplay.exe *32
- realsched.exe *32
- rpdsvc.exe *32
- RealPlayerUpdateSvc.exe *32
- Restart your computer and delete the folders.
If for any reason the above instructions do not completely uninstall the software, open Windows Explorer, navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Real\RealPlayer\RPDS and double-click uninst.exe to uninstall RealPlayer Cloud. If you don't see this folder in Program Files, you will need to reinstall the software first.
I hope this information is helps!