Why can't I cast any videos, including the RealPlayer Cloud welcome videos?
First, make sure you have the Chromecast app installed on your phone or tablet (note that Chromecast is not available for iOS 5); if you are using a PC or laptop, you'll need to install the Chromecast extension through your Chrome web browser, and open cloud.real.com in Chrome when you want to cast videos. (Chromecast does not support native Windows software, so it is not available in the desktop RealPlayer Cloud application.)
If you're trying to cast a video from your Cloud Library, make sure you are signed into the RealPlayer Cloud app on your device.
If you have the app or extension installed, and you are signed in, but you still can't cast videos, power-cycle your Chromecast by following these steps:
1. Remove the Chromecast device from the HDMI slot.
2. Unplug the USB cable or power cable (depending on how the device is powered up).
3. Reconnect the Chromecast and try again.
Where's the Chromecast option in the PC desktop player?
Chromecast does not support native Windows applications, so it is not available in the desktop RealPlayer Cloud application. You can cast from your PC using our website (http://cloud.real.com), as well as from most smartphones and several tablets. If Google extends Chromecast to support Windows apps, we’ll definitely look into it!
Why do I only get audio, but no video, when casting the video?
Most likely, this issue is the result of either the audio or video format not being compatible with Chromecast. The solution is to upload the video to RealPlayer Cloud and then cast it from your Cloud Library.
When I try to cast a video, it just looks like it's loading and doesn't go anywhere--what can I do?
Read this article for solutions.
Chromecast says it’s connected in RealPlayer Cloud, but I can’t stream to Chromecast--why not?
The Chromecast device can get into a situation where it is not receiving data. To resolve this issue, power-cycle your Chromecast by following the steps in the above solution.
Why am I being asked to upload videos to the Cloud before casting--can't I just cast them straight from my phone, tablet, or PC?
Chromecast supports the formats listed here: https://developers.google.com/cast/supported_media_types
If your videos are in a different format, or if the video bitrate is higher than 14 mbps, they will need to be uploaded to the Cloud first so we can convert them to a supported format for casting.
Can I rotate videos? I took some in portrait mode and they are casting upside-down.
We've released updated builds for iOS and Android, which fixed the issue of videos taken in portrait mode casting sideways. However, portrait-mode videos will appear right-side up only if the home button was on the bottom at the time they were recorded.
When I'm casting and the phone goes to sleep, the streaming stops. Why?
This issue has been fixed for Android and iOS--please make sure you have the most recent version of the RealPlayer Cloud app.
My issue isn't listed above. Do you have any other solutions I can try?
1. Make sure you have the most current version of your mobile device's OS and the most current version of the RealPlayer Cloud app.
2. If you're using the Chrome web browser, make sure you install the Google Cast extension from the Chrome Web Store if you haven't already done so.
3. Make sure your device is connected to the same wireless network as your Chromecast.
4. Make sure your router, modem or gateway is set to multicast (check the owner's manual for instructions).
5. Try Chromecast Compatibility Mode: If the issue is occurring with an Android device, go to My Videos > Network and under Chromecast, turn Compatibility Mode on. This will revert you to an earlier version of Chromecast that may work better with your device.
Bandwidth and connectivity within your home Wi-Fi network may affect Chromecast performance. The number of devices connected to the network and length of time since the router was restarted may also impact performance. For more information, please consult the Chromecast forum: https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!forum/chromecast