Can I add more songs to a CD I've already burned?
When you burn your own CD, the multi-session option allows you to burn media files (MP3 or Data) to a disc without finalizing the disc. That means you can then add additional files to the disc at a later time. Note: This is a Premium (RealPlayer Plus) feature.
Burn a Multi-Session CD (MP3 or Data disc)
- Follow the steps as detailed in Burning to a CD with RealPlayer, with MP3 or Data selected as the CD type.
- When you reach Edit Options, select the option to Create a multi-session disc.
- Proceed with the burning as directed. RealPlayer will not finalize the disc.
Finalize a multi-session CD
- Start another burn session with the same CD, as above.
- When you reach Edit Options, deselect the option to Create a multi-session disc.
- If you like, add additional files.
- Proceed with the burning as directed. This time RealPlayer will finalize the disc.
Good to Know
Some MP3 players, as well as CD-ROM and DVD drives, cannot read discs that have not been finalized. Finalized discs meet all CD and DVD playback standards.