How can I perform a full, clean uninstall of RealPlayer?
Sometimes the standard uninstall process fails to delete the application folders, so you may also need to follow the instructions below. Note: Deleting these folders will remove any playlists you've created; the files will remain in your library but the playlists will need to be re-created.
1. Go to My Computer.
2. Go to C:\ or Local Disk (C:\).
3. Go to the Program Files folder.
4. Go to the Real folder.
5. If you have a 32-bit operating system, delete the RealPlayer folder:
If you have a 64-bit operating system, delete the RealPlayer folder:
c:\program files x 86\real\RealPlayer
6. Go back to the Program Files folder.
7. Go to the Common Files folder.
8. For RealPlayer 16 or older versions: Delete the Real folder c:\program files\common files\real\ (or c:\program files x86\common files\real\ if you have a 64-bit OS).
If you are not able to delete folders because "a folder or file in it is open in another program," follow these steps:
1. Open Task Manager (right-click anywhere in the bottom bar of your screen, and select Start Task Manager) and select the Processes tab.
2. End any of the following processes that are still visible.
- downloader2.exe *32
- realplay.exe *32
- realsched.exe *32
- rpdsvc.exe *32
- RealPlayerUpdateSvc.exe *32
3. Restart your computer and delete the folders.
Don't see the folders? Then they are already deleted.
If for any reason the above instructions do not completely uninstall the software, open Windows Explorer, navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Real\RealPlayer\RPDS and double-click uninst.exe to uninstall RealPlayer. If you don't see this folder in Program Files, you will need to reinstall the software first.
Reinstall the application.
To download and install a new copy of the application, visit http://www.real.com/, click the Download RealPlayer for Free button, and follow the prompts to install the current version.
RealPlayer Plus Customers
The Free Download button will download and install the free version of RealPlayer onto your machine. To maintain your Plus features, you will need to sign in to your account.