RealPlayer tells me to upgrade to Plus but I already did
Why am I being asked to purchase RealPlayer Plus when I already purchased it?
Please sign in. This usually happens if you are trying to use a Plus feature (such as DVD burning) without signing in first. One you're signed in, RealPlayer will recognize that you have purchased the Plus version and allow you to use the features you've paid for.
Note: This can also happen if you purchased a previous version of RealPlayer Plus (such as RealPlayer 16 Plus) and then updated to the free version of the new RealPlayer 18. If you have RealPlayer Plus and want to keep your premium features after updating, you will need to purchase RealPlayer Plus 18 or pay for a Premium or Unlimited subscription to RealTimes.
If you are not staying signed in, try these solutions:
Solution 1: Enable cookies in RealPlayer.
1. Click the RealPlayer logo in the upper left, then click Preferences.
2. Under Connection, select Internet.
3. Ensure that Enable RealPlayer Cookies is selected.
4. Click OK.
If you do not enable cookies, you won't be able to use the Plus features and services you paid for.
Solution 2: Delete and reset your cookie.
1. If RealPlayer is open, close it.
2. On your keyboard: Hold down the Windows key and press the letter R.
3. In the Run box that opens, type %appdata%
4. Click OK.
5. Double-click the Real folder.
6. Double-click the Realplayer folder.
7. Right-click the cookies.txt file.
8. Select Delete.
9. Close the window.
10. Start RealPlayer.
11. Sign in to create a new cookie file.
You should now be able to access the Plus features.
You should see a star next to your user name in the upper right; also, in RealPlayer 18, if you click on your username, you should see the word PLUS appear underneath: